Damp

Just noticed with all this wet weather, behind the TV, just above skirting board, paper starting to come away from wall, slightly damp. Not sure why this has come about, as when we moved here, we had the plaster replaced with 1m of the grey / plaster/ sand/cement etc etc. but we were advised a dampcourse injection was not required, as we have the bitumin dampcourse in the bricks.We have also had the outside walls re-mortared. One possible reason maybe that the outside flags were not in position when the house was built, therefore raising the outside level a bit shorter than the (is it 6" required)6" requirement. Is it possible the damp is coming through the bricks and has anybody had the same experience ????????

rob

Reply to
rob

What sort of wall construction?

Is this a cold corner (exposed external wall with things like TV possibly restricting air movement inside the room)? If so, it could be condensation due to the wall dropping below the dew point given the indoor humidity.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel