Damn

Shows you how good PVA is as a bonding agent for canvas to wood. :-(

In my spare time I'm into painting portraits in oils and make up stretchers for canvases anyway I tried a test of PVA instead of stapling the canvas to wood.

on two sides I stretched the canvas and put some PVA on the canvas and put in a couple of staples whilst the PVA set,now I need to take the canvas of again because its loose after drying and should be taut :-(

I cant bloody seperate the canvas from the wood frame. :-( its stuck fast.

Bah! humbugs.

Reply to
SirBenjamin

PVA will soften if you wet it for a while -- it's not very waterproof.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Some versions are. Canvas shrinks when wet and expands on drying. The fool must have larded it on all over.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Tit Canvas expands when wet and shrinks on drying.

Its whats done when an artist pins a canvas to a frame to make the canvas more taut.

Reply to
SirBenjamin