Dado rail for going around a curved corner?

Anybody know where I could get this. When we removed the woodchip wallpaper from the walls in the stairway and hallway, the outline of where the dado rail used to be appeared and we'd like to restore it to add a little character. However where our hallway tuns into the stairway, the corner is curved. I've tried to find it in B&Q and Wickes , to no avail. Any suggestions?

Reply to
DIY Novice

Older property may have used an inch diameter wooden dowel as a plastering bead. Is that what you mean? If so, just use filler and square cuts. If the shape of the wall is curved, the dado may have been plastered. Not sure.

It is unlikely that anyone would have bothered to make a special wooden moulding. Depending on the pattern of the dado you might build one up with a bent ply board (kerfing the back) and sticking sections onto it.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

================== If it's a gentle curve you can do the same as fitting curved skirting into a window bay. Make a series of vertical saw cuts in a piece of dado and carefully bend it to shape.

Cic.