da systems abacus alarm problem

We have an ancient da systems abacus alarm (well that's the panel bit anyway) and it's decided to display "test 03B ok!" on the display panel and is reluctant to do anything else. The 03B bit changes if I press on the keypad (and I think is some hexadecimal zone indicator or something).

The alarm is ancient and I think the supplier is no longer around.

Is there any way to get this unit back to doing what it should do, or will I be calling up an alarm company later today?!

Reply to
On net

I think it's referring to zone 3, part B (the Abacus allows one to split zones into two; somewhere there will be a small box connected to zone 3, which then splits to two separate zones 'downstream').

You should be able to get out of it by repeated pressing of the 0/ESC key.

The master engineer code defaults to 1234, if that helps (which I doubt).

I can tell you how to do a cold reset without the master code, but you'll then have to reprogramme it!

Let me know the model - I'm not an alarm engineer but I have one of these.

Email to the spamcop address or to:

myfirstname (at) mysurname (dot) cx

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well, a "thank you" to Bob for his help, though the touchpad refused to co-operate.

I decided to be brave and activate the panic button. Alarm went off but I could then enter the alarm code and system shut off (thank goodness).

Problem solved (for now).

Reply to
On net