D section steel strip

I've been asked to build a ramp/chute so that 11kg x 40cm dia beer kegs can be slid down into a cellar.

No problem to build out of 18mm ply & timber, but it needs some flatish D section steel strips to allow the kegs to slide down smoothly and also to prevent excessive wear.

Tried google, but I'm not getting much. Does this stuff have a specific name? I need about 8 metres of it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sounds like keel band, although that's generally brass.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Intended for fencing, but may do the job you want:

dom

Isn't this also known as "half-round bar".

Reply to
1501

It's used for outdoors handrails etc.

Cicero