Cutting worktop and painting wood in kitchen?? whats best??

Hi all, can anyone help with the best way to cut a laminate worktop to size.. i'm assuming if I just cut it the laminate will chip? And I've just made a cupboard for the kitchen using ordinary kilndried wood and cheap pine from BnQ.... and was wondering whats the best to paint it with, as it will need regular wiping down etc...

idea's/experiences appreciated...

tom

Reply to
fireblade

Probably the easiest is to use masking tape over the cutting line - helps stop splintering - and cut from the other side, because that usually cuts upwards.

If you have a router with a long cutter, cut 3mm oversize, and edge rout back to the correct size.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher