Cutting in

I'm not talking about plain quadrant coving, though. And I don't much like your idea for that either. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Buy a Purdy paint brush (or better still a set of them).

The price will make you wince but it truly makes all the difference PLUS they apparently last forever.

You won't regret it.

Reply to
Vortex3

I sometimes found it difficult to produce a straight line when I used to to do coach lining, It helped if you used the brush as a guide to steady the hand during the stoke, also when painting a straight line in particular you look ahead of the stroke or brush as you pull the line and NOT at the brush, this usually helps to create a straighter line.

Stephen.

Reply to
sdhull

Thanks - but at my time of life I doubt I'll develop the skills necessary.

I've watched a coach line being applied by hand and marvelled. ;-) I cheated on my car after it was sprayed and used transfers. Managed a decent job of that, though. It's just paint I don't get on with.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My Brother doesn't get on with paint either, he gets his misses to do all the painting, now there's food for thought ;)

Stephen.

Reply to
sdhull