Cutting hole in a slab tile ?

I am trying to replace my shower with the one in this link...

requires to cut another ablong hole in my slab of marble/tile ( dont know what it is ?? ) for the water jets. How can I do it without breaking the whole slab ? Any help woul be appreciated

-- Mohitlall

Reply to
Mohitlall

might get a neighbour that has something similar to drill them for the same price.

The alternative is to drill a lot of smaller holes around a penned in disk, tap it with a drift or join the dots with a file or something.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

If it's just the shower head, then this can be done with a normal drill bit (> 15 mm), if you're careful.

The taps / thermostat will need to be mounted behind the tiles, and I'll bet that you'll end up having an edge that needs removed, so this can be done with a tile saw or grinder. If the taps aren't near a tile edge, then drill a hole and thread a tile saw through.

Have fun

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sithers

Thanks guys. Just found out from my neighbour that the material is melamine. How does that cut ? Easy or is it too brittle to try cuttin

-- Mohitlall

Reply to
Mohitlall