Cutting Gravel Board

Hi all

I need to shore up the boundary between my garden and next door due to different soil levels.

There is a gravel board left over from a previous fencing project which looks useful for the job. The board is of the plain concrete variety with one smooth (face) side and one gravelly. This is not the type with cast ribs, just a constant thickness of concrete.

What does the group recommend for cutting this to length? I don't have a stil saw. As the whole board will be buried, the finish at the end of the cut isn't too important.

Tools that are available and spring to mind are:

The ubiquitous angle grinder with stone disk - can I use this for cutting, or are the stone disks specifically for smoothing? (This is a small hand held jobby so I doubt if any cutting attempt will go through the full thickness of the board)

SDS drill used to either chain drill holes or with chisel and rotary stop.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You can buy stone 'cutting' discs easily. No, it won't cut right through, cut a line from each side & it should break along that line. May have rebar inside, so switch to a metal cutting disc.

Likely to shatter it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , TheScullster writes

Can I be first?

Angle grinder!

Even a 4.5" with *cutting* disc should cut 1" deep. Expect steel reinforcement. Cut both sides and snap remainder.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Stone cutting grit disc (1-2mm) is fine - but a thicker stone grinding disc (6mm) would take ages.

NT

Reply to
NT

"NT" wrote

Stone cutting grit disc (1-2mm) is fine - but a thicker stone grinding disc (6mm) would take ages.

NT

Thanks to all - grinder it is!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

IME it may take a whole pack of discs, but they're cheap enough

Reply to
stuart noble

Much better to buy a cheap diamond disc for a few quid. Faster, safer, cheaper per cut.

NT

Reply to
NT

Less than a fiver for a pack of 10

Reply to
stuart noble

Thats what I did when I cut one. The larger angle grinder would have done better had it not been on loan.

Reply to
ARWadsworth