Cutting Coving

I'm about to stick some coving up for the first time.

Is there a recommended technique or template for accurately cutting into the corners?

It looks straight forward, but to get a good fit I suspect may be a different story!

TIA

Buzby

Reply to
Buzby

One of these will give you the exact corner angle to cut on a mitre saw.

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote: :: Buzby wrote: ::: I'm about to stick some coving up for the first time. ::: ::: Is there a recommended technique or template for accurately cutting ::: into the corners? ::: ::: It looks straight forward, but to get a good fit I suspect may be a ::: different story! ::: ::: TIA ::: ::: Buzby :: :: One of these will give you the exact corner angle to cut on a mitre :: saw. :: ::

-- :: Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite have a look here

Mr Fixit

el cheapo red plastic £1.99 tool in B&Q worked for me.

Reply to
.

In message , Buzby writes

I use (as did my plasterer) one of those black plastic mitre boxes the of the sort the sheds sell. The only thing to watch is that the coving is in the box square (regardign the two back edges that will be against the wall, otherwise the cut will be wrong. Easiest way to get this right is to have bit of batten that spaces it out from one side.

for cutting just use a cheapo hard point saw.

Reply to
chris French

and looks surprsingly 'professional'. (well from a distance anyway!)

Cheers

Buzby

Reply to
Buzby