Cutting 100mm extractor hood tubing

Anyone got any suggestions for cutting 100mm extractor hood tubing? I'm not aware of any "cutters" which can handle tubing of that size, and my attempts to use a hacksaw usually end up with non-square ends.
It strikes me that some sort of cheesewire ought to do the job, but I haven't found anything suitable.
PoP

I use a chop saw with an old blade.
Alternatively, an inexpensive hand mitre saw would do it, I think.
e.g. Axminster APTC560 at 16 or APTC601 at 30 for something a bit bigger.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Yes, probably work ok.
to get a square end on plastic waste pipe etc. I use a piece of A4 paper.
Wrap it round the pipe making sure it matches up properly, and it gives you a nice line to cut down. you might need a bigger piece for pipe of that size.
--
Chris French, Leeds

For plastic soil pipe I find it easier to get a straight cut with a toolbox saw (i.e. short panel saw) than a hacksaw.
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ I've got a book about motivation but I've never got round to reading it
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:23:53 -0000, "John Stumbles"

Thanks all. Seems like a marketing opportunity for someone to bring out a suitable cutting tool/jig.
PoP
PoP wrote:

Nah, hundreds of these are being cut by tradesmen every day and they just use a toolbox type saw. The A4 paper trick works well for me.

Yes, but I was thinking in terms of the latest gimmick toy to sell to Joe Public in the sheds :)

And I'm going to give it a try - thanks for the suggestion!
PoP
PoP wrote:

If it's a gimmick you're after to sell in the stores then hold the saw blade still and spin the tubing. I do wonder if a blade with a curved cutting edge would be better than a straight one and keep working your way round the tube to follow the line
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

Hunter Plastics already thought about it and now make the tool, however, in the freeby copy of 'Heating and Plumbing' that all Builders Merchants give away, the reviewer said :-
"Having cut it we know what comes next;getting that chamfer on the end. Now hands up who hasn't rubbed this along a bit of concrete to shape the end at least so it will push through the seal ring with a bit of silicone" - well that is from horses mouth of a professional.
At least the Hunter pipemate adds a nice chamfer - at a price.
--
Andrew

chris French wrote:

For larger sizes use newspaper. Fold over onto itself to get a straight line (use the diagonal to get maximum length)
Bob