Cut to length wallplugs

Hi,
you remeber the 'cut to length' wallplugs? Continuous length of squidgy plastic and you cut a piece off then used it as a wall plug?
Just realised that the white version is just right for fixing 2.5mm sq cable clips, and I only have one length.
Trying to find a supplier, but it is a while since I've seen these so I don't know if they are still for sale.
Much better (IMHO) that the current 'bullet' plugs you buy by the 100 from sheds and Screwfix.
TIA
Dave R

David W.E. Roberts wrote:

You're right, they were good esp when the hole may have been a bit too deep. Also you could use it instead of a frame fixer by feeding a bit through the hole in the wood. My stock is now very low, wonder if Jewsons have any?

Yeehah! (I think).
http://www.tool-up.co.uk/shop/diy/BSTWVP.html

Does anyone know whether you can still get proper fibre Rawlplugs - far better than any of this plastic rubbish?!
Roger

Almost certainly not. If you read my FAQ, you will see that there would be public paranoia about them, never mind the fact that they won't go down well with vegetarians. As for Rawlplastic, the nanny won't let you play with that either.
John Schmitt
-- If you have nothing to say, or rather, something extremely stupid and obvious, say it, but in a 'plonking' tone of voice - i.e. roundly, but hollowly and dogmatically. - Stephen Potter
writes:

I wasn't aware that you were supposed to EAT them!
Roger
writes:

Haven't seen you in these ere parts for a while, John!
Thought you might have popped up in the midst of the caustic soda debate.....
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson

How the hell are you supposed to fix storage rads these days then ?
David W.E. Roberts wrote in message ...

Have ordered and will report back. As you note, the 29+ for a box doesn't allow you to calculate value for money :-( Decided not to risk that one
Cheers Dave R

I think my local ironmongers manages to sell them for 40p(*), so that sounds about right.
[And yes, we did go through the "I thought I might be getting the packet for that" routine first time...]

I have a packet that the individual ones are sold from (having bought the last few in one size) and it has no indication of contents either. But it looks as if it could easily hold 25, but no more than 50. In 4 sizes, a box could be simply a packet of each size, so 100-200. Cripplingly expensive way of buying a plain plastic extrusion, but what can you do ?
--
Like I said before, I don't repeat myself!

Mail john rather than nospam...
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote:

I've seen these in hardware shops/ironmongers, but they're rather expensive - and I've only seen red ones!
be snipped-for-privacy@thai.com! Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!
My local timber merchant has them, they have a website google for "tomlinson parbans"
Rick