Customised shower enclosures?

Is it possible to obtain them anywhere? I'm thinking maybe in kit form like secondary double-glazing?

My need is to shoe-horn a shower into a 900mm wide alcove which is fine except it's below a pitched roof, so that the top right hand corner of the door or enclosure needs chopping off to fit.

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

Perspex sheet. Expensive but, when glued together with the correct epoxy, it last for many years.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks BW; actually I was wondering about using acrylic sheet anyway, in place of tiles, although I'm not sure how it will help my issue of the customised door or panel - I'd need an aluminium frame or something to support it? Probably I wasn't very clear about my scenario; let's try the old ASCII-art...!!

ceiling

--------------------\ | | \ |______ | \ pitched roof outside | | | \ | | | \ | !!!!! | \ | shower | | | head | | | | | | | | |Wall | | Wall | | | | | | | | | | | | | Door | fixed | | | panel | | | | | | | | | | | | |

-------------------------| | tray | | |

--------------------------

So the door would probably be a bifold one, on the right of it I'd like a fixed transparent panel to match the door - that's the bit which needs customising 'cos of the chopped-off top corner. The easiest way would be to make the fixed panel solid (ie tiled marine ply or something) and buy an off-the-shelf door, however I'd prefer the look of an all-transparent front. (Must be the exhibitionist in me.)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I looked into this about a year ago...

When I looked there seemed to be 4 solutions...

1) One of the shower manufacturers made custom shower panels. Can't remember the name. You provide the pattern and they make it to fit. I think that this was *very* expensive. You probably need to ask at you local plumbing or bathroom place. 2) Make one yourself. Get some glass cut and then toughened. (I think I was quoted about £200 - or perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me...) I wasn't sure about the frame. I suspect that if you approached a reputable manufacturer they would be able to supply some(?). I did consider buying a complete rectangular door, removing the glass, and remake the door around a new bit of cut glass. 3) Use shower curtain. Yuk! 4) Wet room... Are YOU brave enough!

In the end I positioned the shower away from the pitched roof and had rectangular panels on all sides.

Colin

Reply to
Colin