Curved TVs

Actually, most of the later crts were in fact more or less flat in the front, and the image changed to look right. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

:) But dahling, the radius is wrong

Reply to
meow2222

Didn't radius do landscape-to-portrait flipping monitors...? Now having flippable curvature could be interesting.

Reply to
polygonum

Sony Trinitrons were flat with very heavy glass in front. Shadow mask tubes relied on the curvature of the screen for strength.

Reply to
charles

They won't let him out unaccompanied...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Shadow mask tubes used the curvature for phosphor dot positioning. Strength was a by product and enabled thinner glass to be used but leaded glass was used to reduce radiation I think. IIRC trinitron tubes had curvature in one direction only, but less than triangulated gun tubes.

Reply to
Capitol

Why would you want a TV?

Reply to
ARW

En el artículo , bm escribió:

Nah, they might breed, then we'd all be f***ed.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

There was also the FST "Flatter Squarer Tube", I don't know which manufacturer registered that.

When people talk glibly of flat screen TVs it amuses me to wonder if they mean a bulky FST CRT.

Reply to
Graham.

For which many may be thankful. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Brings a new meaning to buying a bent tv.

Reply to
Bod

Probebly just around the corner. OLED screens are intrinsically flexible

Reply to
Graham.

It just doesn't go with the Chaise Longue.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

No, they're just old fashioned.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Your carers?

Reply to
Bod

I wouldn't call them that, they let me tie them up.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

No idea. Mine hasn't been switched on for a couple of years.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Contrary to what they might think, the BBC is not all.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You're going to need to prove that.

Reply to