Curved TVs

Call me stupid, but why would you want your TV curved? Isn't that like going back to the old crappy tubes?

Uncle Peter

In this particular instance, you prolly wouldn't, as ISTM that the only people who'd get a good view would be those sitting at the focus of the curve. Everyone else'd get a distorted/truncated image.

OK for a single person or possibly a cosy couple.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It might have escaped your attention, but concave is not the same as convex.

Reply to
polygonum

It still ain't flat. Might be good for someone sat in front of the telly, but normally there are quite a few people in the living room, which means that most of you will be seeing one end of the curved TV at a hell of an angle.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If I'm sat that close to someone I'm not interested in what's on the telly.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Its a bit like the old projector tvs. I have no idea, but I guess it depends on whether the images are manipulated to make things still look straight, in which case it can seem to have more depth, nuch like the very curved cinerama of the past. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Distorts the image the other way then.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

But we have 3D TV.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

there are idiot customers to be fished. In fact that's the reason for most ads.

Reply to
meow2222

It's the whole reason Apple exists. Pure advertising.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

What is care22? Apart from a dentist's chair that is.

Uncle Peter

You apparently also haven't noticed that the curved screen models are large - 40 to 70+ inches. So there is usually plenty of opportunity for several people to have acceptable viewing positions. Sort-of like cinema curved screens - they too allowed more than one person to watch at the same time.

Most people who wished to understand what curved screens are like for viewing would takes themselves off to a shop which has some operating on display.

Reply to
polygonum

Curved TVs have only a slight curve, hardly seems worthwhile.

Reply to
Capitol

Well for one thing, they've solved the problem of wall mounted TV's, for people living in converted lighthouses and windmills.

michael adams

michael adams

Apple phones are the shittiest ones about.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I don't do shops.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I bet it makes them delaminate quicker too.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

ROTFPMSL!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

And maybe Oast Houses.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Ah, but nobody watched it so the bbc abandonned it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff