Curved radiators

I'm looking for a fairly long curved single radiator. Not a fancy one but finned at the back and not too high. Screwfix don't do, nor Plumbworld. Does anyone do such items now? There are some lovely modern designs but all are flat (or conceived as room dividers!)

-- Any help TIA Please reply to Newsgroup scrambled address

Reply to
mutley

Have been looking for the same for bow windows and I think the only way to get what's wanted is to have them curved. I have been recommended to use

by neighbours.

Reply to
Dennis Wynes

I wondered whether to reply to this one or not...But then thought why not?

Thirty two or so years ago Ravensbourne Heating of Worcester designed and supplied a heating system for me and this included a curved radiator.........which fitted and worked well.

They were very useful in the design stage as I recall

Mick

Reply to
Mick

If you mean curved to fit something, rather than a general curve like on some towel rails, you get it custom made. Yellow pages should help, or ask at your nearest PM. Not as expensive as you might think.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

A curved rad is what you need for the standard 1930s semi. My local PM will do these for about (rad+£80)+VAT. They require a template of the wall it is to fit on.

Alledgedly they will bend double rads for (rad+£210)+VAT.

So you work out the heat requirement look for an appropriate length and height of single panel radaitor. Make your cardboard template, go to the PM and choose the rad and give in the template. Next week you hand over about £200 and...

...struggle to think how you are going to transport it to the site 8-(.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for these replies: I too am after a rad. to go under a bow window. Maybe I'll look out a salvage yard or 'country house' demolition site!

Reply to
mutley