Curtain tracks

Are there any curtain track systems which aren't made of plastic and which can go round bay windows? How did the Victorians manage it?

Are there any which would work with curtains which don't have those little plastic hooks in them?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Bent 'em. (or at least that's what we did in the 1950s & 60s!)

You could use little brass hooks ...

What's wrng with plastic and how/why do you want it to be different?

Reply to
John Cartmell

Try here ..

Stuart

The Victorians used brass curtain poles,same as we use today with the ring and eyelet hence why they where brought into fashion. What sort of hook they used to hang the curtains I dunno?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I used wooden poles and rings, with four brackets, and four curtains.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby

We want curtain poles, rather than those tracks which go behind the curtains. Tricky to find going-round-corner curtain poles...

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

In that case...copper pipe bent to meet the corners and held in position at three stages "end middle end" you can get the fixings here...

you're local plumbers. Spray the copper pipe with hammerite white spray paint.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

yes we got them from the local curtain shop , they have 4 bends in them. the shop measured up and had them made. work perfect . the downside of this is they where expensive. rob

Reply to
rob

Yup! I got quoted £65 for mine, so made my own at £10, far cheaper than the average curtain poles even.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

et some straight ones and bend em.

Jim Lawrence will make em up for you I am sure..

The Natural Philosopher