Curtain Track

I need to replace the track on my bay window which is 20 odd years old as the brackets are broken and the present types are different so I can't get replacement brackets. The existing one is 3.5m long but the longest I can find now is 3m which will be too short. So far I have tried Homebase and B&Q. Somebody must have made track 3.5m or longer 20 years ago so why not now. Can I get longer track anywhere or should I fit smaller windows and brick up the gap?
Kevin

When I did mine I just used two shorter length and butted them in the middle with end stops on, I don't want top pull the curtains right round anyway.
However yes you can get longer lengths, for example:
<http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 504&tsA044>
--
Chris French, Leeds

Kevin
You used to be able to get certain types of curtain rail with a joining piece so that two shorter bits could be seamlessly linked into a single longer one.

I think most plastic track still can be. Mine, which came from a local shed certainly did.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Have you ever tried fitting these? You end up with a nice wavy effect, assuming the bending effect doesn't actually pull the brackets out of the wall.
Christian.
Kevin Rayner wrote:

Yes, try the cut to length stuff that comes in a coil, thought the larger sheds did this? It may just not stand out so much on a shelf. Online from Screwfix is one way. 5m, 21 brackets, 62 gliders and 6 end stops. Part # 11504 7.50 plus del
--
Toby.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:05:35 -0000, "Kevin Rayner"

www.polesdirect.com You might get a clue here . Stuart
--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "
Stuart wrote:

Just been in a fairly small HomeBase on the way home and (sadly) noticed the curtain tracks. They do them up to 4.5m but this is for the corded type, and it actually comes in two pieces. What is even more tear jerking is that this is priced at over 50.
They also do the cut-to-length coiled type at a shade under 7 for 6m or so.
--
Toby.