current carryng capacity of 1.5 mm multicore

I have no choise and have to use multicore cable in my home instalation. I have 4 core cable by 1.5 multicore cores. How to protect this cable by MCB - what kind to use ? I dont know the ampacity of this cable - H05 V V - F ? And how to kombine cores - 2 by 2 -(2-N and 2-L)? Or to divade the the load between them? Please help me ? Thanks A Lot!

I guess you can keep posting new threads until someone tells you it's OK if you want..

It's 'Choice', not 'Choise'

Shops often sell the right cable..

Reply to
AJB

On 16 Nov 2005 03:35:59 -0800 someone who may be "p" wrote this:-

Why? Why cannot you buy the correct cable?

Most home installations are wired with multicore cable, with two circuit conductors and a protective conductor.

Do all of the conductors have their own insulation? What colour(s) is the insulation of the cores?

Reply to
David Hansen

If you were in the UK I would say that you need to get someone else in to do the work - if you are not prepared to get the right cable you are not likely to like many of the things that you will have to do to comply with UK safety laws.

However, I notice that your e-mail address if from Bulgaria - the wiring practices there are likely to be very different and you really need to find someone that can give you guidance for your country.

This is a UK group so you may well get some general advice that helps, but you should base your work on what is normal practice in your country.

A couple of comments:

  • In the UK everything (well, almost everything) is connected to an earth as well as live and neutral - this is a safety issue and I would urge you to try and adopt it (unless safety is reduced by this - you need local advice here)

  • It is not a good idea to pair up conductors - if one conductor were to break, become damaged, or come out of the connector, the other conductor would take twice the current and may cause a fire.

Reply to
gg1000

There is always a choice! I suspect you are sadly lacking in technical knowledge and simply trying to get "someone" to say its ok for you to make a bodge of installing some electrical equipment. Sadly the only ones here who might are in the same group as yourself.

Don't do it. either get the right cable and do the job properly or leave well alone. You seem to have invented a word "ampacity" which only underlines that you do not have enough electrical knowledge to do the job safely.

Leave it alone before you create a problem or worse danger!

Reply to
John

Ampacity is a correct term.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Only in countries where you use the NEC rather then BS 7671.

Reply to
Andy Wade