Cupro-fit or Speedfit?

Cuprofit is made by Conex, quality therefore good. Cuprofit has some flexibility in the joint which allows the pipe to be slightly misalligned and still works. Much smaller in diameter hence easy to put two fittings side by side. Electical connectivity is maintained. Pull out strength superb, you need the disaasemble tool if you want to dismount, only a couple of quid. Valves etc easy to mount and can be rotated once in place to face the correct direction. Copper lasts, plastic as we have seen on other posts has had some problems. Sold at B&Q under the Plumbeasy brand.

Reply to
dave northern lights

Cuprofit is made by Conex, quality therefore good. Cuprofit has some flexibility in the joint which allows the pipe to be slightly misalligned and still works. Much smaller in diameter hence easy to put two fittings side by side. Electical connectivity is maintained. Pull out strength superb, you need the disaasemble tool if you want to dismount, only a couple of quid. Valves etc easy to mount and can be rotated once in place to face the correct direction. Copper lasts, plastic as we have seen on other posts has had some problems. Sold at B&Q under the Plumbeasy brand.

Reply to
dave northern lights

You are obviously are the uk.d-i-y.Lunatic Association (affiliated) spokesman .

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Can't be - I hardly ever speak for you.

Reply to
John Rumm

Confirmed you are. You help arrange the char-banc trips.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

That'll rule out anything you say then, won't it?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

My Arse Tomlinson!!! The wit comes forth is dollops.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

59p.

But unless the pipe is precleaned and greased there's a fair chance that even the dismount tool won't work.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Have to say that it has worked every time I wanted to disconect the pipes. I spoke to Conex before using the system, very helpfull team, they said just make sure the end of the pipe is burr free ie use a pipe slice, and give it a rub with sand paper, wet the end with some water or fairly liquid and it slides on easy if you are working in a tight space.

Have to remove a stetch of pipes a year later, the tool worked a treat, used the fittings again no leaks.

More expensive than end feed but a great system for a DIY self builder IMHO.

dave northern lights

If you need to disconnect pipes compression fittings are far superior.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sometimes you find you need to disconnect something when you are installing a run.

My experience of the demount tool has not been all that good.

I like these fittings they are good for adding to existing work where it's hard to get the pipe completely dry. They look neater than compression fittings and at least as reliable.

Ed Sirett

What evidence do you re: the reliability? They have been around long enough to gauge.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They have been around long enough

lost your nots have you?

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Funny way to spell marbles....

Reply to
Andy Hall

So you're not the only gay in the village?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No, it was Peter Mandelson.

Reply to