CU wiring photo?

Non-setting compound:

Andy Wade

Too true - and just when you think you've found everything they bring out a new edition :~)

Reply to
Andy Wade

Thanks for all the kind comments. The chap from Eastern Electricity (as was) seemed happy enough to connect the tails. But he didn't even want to see inside the CU. It was enough to leave the megger and loop tester visible, in a casual sort of way.

It's getting a quite hard to keep the 17th edition boards tidy, especially with several RCBOs in use.

On that generation of MK unit the busbar cover is just an extruded uPVC section with a groove that locates over the bottom edge of the box and is held in place by the front cover.

Reply to
Andy Wade

I've just added 2 circuits and re-terminated one I did in a hurry. No photos, but I went for 6" stubs of 20mm round conduit with a female adaptor on both ends, the bottom adaptor of course screwed into the top of the CU.

They come up just above the ceiling joists and about an inch below the basket tray which allows the cable to do a upturn (I like a bit of spare which can be used if anything bad happens to the wire ends) then a gentle seep down into the conduit. Coming in the top of the CU allows plenty of room to put an S into the wires to both bring them forward to the RCBO terminals and again, have a little spare without making a rats nest.

I'm fairly pleased - it does not look as good as yours but it is reasonably neat.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts