Crescent washer under monobloc tap is bending.

Can anyone help me with suggestions for this problem? The tap goes through a hole in the kitchen worktop, it has two soft copper pipes that screw into the underside of the monobloc and a threaded rod that also screws into the underside of the tap. The whole lot is held in place with a crescent shaped rubber washer, then a crescent shaped steel plate, t hen a nut that tightens onto the threaded rod.

The tap has become loose and tightening the nut just bends the crescent pla te. Can I get stronger plates at the plumbers merchant?

Thanks

Brendan.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

You can buy replacement parts, like

- but there's no guarantee they're any better than what you've got.

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to make a stronger one, using a suitable scrap bit of metal plate - given a pillar drill, a vice and a few decent files.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks for the link Roger. I don't have any of the tools to make one so have ordered one and hope that doubling them up will do the job.

Brendan.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

The new washer has arrived and it is nearly twice the thickness of the one provided with the IKEA tap.

I was speaking to a plumber friend and he has found the cause of the problem. The hole I cut in the worktop is 40mm it should have been 29mm diameter (a bit precise!), so my fault.

Reply to
Rednadnerb