Creosote substitute

Anyone used it? any comments on particular brands?

Regards, VivienB

Reply to
VivienB

I got some a couple of years ago (ISTR it was from Wickes - green container with white writing) - looks like creosote, smells like creosote (ish), brushes like creosote and seems to weather like creosote too - certainly better than the water-based "modern" stuff that my neighbour used, which seems to be fading severely over the same sort of period. I don't know how well it protects from rot though, as I used it on pressure-treated timber :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

I'll second all of the above. (Doesn't smell quite as strong, though)

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann