Creda washing machine not heating

I have a Creda 1200 Supaspeed Model 17087. It has always filled from the cold supply via a Y hose to the hot and cold inlets.

I have just realised that the water is not heating - don't know how long it's been like it!

Normally, when heating, the heater can be heard (like an immersion heater). Also, the heat can be felt as lukewarm through the door on a 40 degree wash. I confirmed that the water was still cold by stopping the machine and feeling the water just before it started emptying before the first spin cycle.

The machine runs through the washing cycle as normal, without stopping anywhere. It's as if it's doing a cold wash.

I checked to make sure the Economy Save switch was off (it was) in case that was the fault. Unfortunately I've temporarily mislaid my service manual for the machine. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

Roger (my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages

- if you think you should have had a reply/comment, please e-mail me again. Ta!)

Reply to
romic