creda storage heater

Evening all, have replaced 2 blown elements in an old (discontinued) Creda storage heater. As expected the front panel insulation board has disintegrated. Creda service could not help, would obivousely try and flog a new heater. Can any of you learned lot recommend a suitable alternative to this panel around 15-20mm thick.

Many thanks in advance.

ps Creda said it must withstand 176 C

Reply to
dtechy

Some of those contain asbestos(!) - at the time I got rid of a couple here, I found a website to check whether mine did - one did, one didn't.

Reply to
dom

Maybe masterboard or asbestolux (which does not contain asbestos!) might be appropriate? So far I've not found data sheets on line though

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Why was it a problem if it contained asbestos?

Reply to
Clot

Those might stand the temperature, but they're not really insulating materials. AFAIK the thin insulation panels in modern storage heaters are made from ceramic fibre materials. I'm inclined to think that if proper spare parts aren't available the only safe option is the scrap the heater and buy a new one.

The OP could try

for spares.

Reply to
Andy Wade