creating static

I imagine that Dennis does that anyway

Your confusing it with lion dung, and no it doesn't. It's a rather silly exercise which will attract the environmental health people.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Keeping cats "under control" is not related to keeping them indoors

Another myth. Wild birds are perfectly capable of avoiding the attentions of cats.

Reply to
Andy Hall

How would they pay?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I would take any animal I hit with a car to a vet (1). If I hit and killed a cat I would also take it to a vet to see if it was chipped and then the owner (servant is the correct name as I have read the book) would know what happened to it. The same applies for dead cats I pass at the roadside.

Adam

(1) I did hit and injure a badger once. It was in pain and unable to walk and I was far too scared to put it in my car. I think I would have lost my fingers or maybe more the way it tried to bite me. I got the RSPCA to come out. They had it put to sleep at the roadside due to a broken back.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

How did windows pay tax?

Reply to
dennis

The H.T. coil from the back of an old monitor makes a BIG spark even when powered from a 12V battery IIRC.

I know a man who tells a story about such a "cat-fence" run around his fathers Koi pond to deter a very persistent cat.

Needless to say the cat got a whack, it flew in the air but landed on the wrong side of the fence i.e. in wiv de fishies.

Couldn't get out of the pond because of the fence and it was wet .....

1 stiff moggie had to be cremated in his works incinerator disguised as some old sacking.

I should add that absolutely every other means of disuation had been tried without success.

Pete

Reply to
unknown

You'd make pretty slow progess up here then. Either having to drive slowly to avoid the wildlife and driving, slowly, to the vet.

Every morning there are a good half dozen or so fresh road kills, mostly rabbits, on the 2 mile trip to town. They have all been flattened out by the end of the day to make way for the overnight replacements. Some stretches of road can have half a dozen in 200 yds. Go out around dawn and the road can have a couple of dozen bobbing white tails scattering about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice