creating a built in wardrobe

hi - have a builder coming in to knock out a wall in my smaller bedroom and turn the old cupboard into a wardrobe space, he will also fill in the old cupboard door.

i was wondering what type of doors i could get for my new wardrobe? he mentioned standard internal doors but they would be too big when opening, as a bed will be a couple of feet away.

any tips welcomed.cheers guys

Reply to
benpost

Wickes (and maybe others) do folding doors, typically 78" high, and normal internal door widths, they are not cheap, but ideal where space is limited for opening. The budget option is a pair of louvred doors, these are around £20 each, so it could be done complete with fittings for £50. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Sliding doors?

Hard to advise more accurately without a bit more of a clue about the dimensions/space/volume you have.

David

Reply to
Lobster

hi david

i have been told the max lintel size is 1600mm which means an opening of 1300mm.

i had a quick look at wickes doors brochure and the folding doors look ok, but 2 sets might be too wide.

what would you advise?

thanks

Reply to
benpost

You said std. internal doors, so i thought you meant 30" wide. Yes, Wickes do sliding doors for 1600 wide, typically £200 for 2 doors, £50 for the sliding gear, and another £30 or so if you make the frame yourself. But now you need to know your door height. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

A pair of full height doors but 24" wide. (610mm) . Will cost about £25each in B&Q etc for a white panel effect door. I would advise against sliding. It is much better to open a pair of doors and see everything at once.

1600mm less 1220mm (two doors) leaves 380mm which is 170mm either side.

mark

Reply to
mark