Crazy tiling

Is this the craziest tiling for a shower that you've ever seen? It's been done deliberately like that by professionals.

Matty F

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Matty F coughed up some electrons that declared:

someone obviously had a plan.

Reply to
Tim S

..or some old tiles to use up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

tell.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Not so keen on the tiles themselves but I like the idea and the pattern - what are the other walls like?

Anymore pics?

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton

It looks like the aftermath of another DIY SOS show!

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .

Also difficult to tell if the window frame/architrave is vertical.

Reply to
Bruce

Yes it's a flat wall.

Reply to
Matty F

Here is the shower before all the tiles were finished:

Matty F

Actually they had 3000 boxes of tiles to choose from, so no, they apparently had a plan. It's not my taste either, but I'd just put boring rows of tiles in horizontal rows.

Reply to
Matty F

Here's one end of the kitchen, which is 13 metres long and 5 metres wide:

master bedroom is 5 metres by 9 metres.

Reply to
Matty F

Thanks, and thanks also for the links to the photos in your other replies. It's certainly different ...

Reply to
Bruce

More like "Absinthe". I reckon thats what the designer was drinking.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's nice to see a decent bit of properly sanded taping & jointing :-)

Reply to
Franko

I thought you'd be impressed by a 43x16 foot kitchen and a 30x16 foot bedroom. But clearly you all have big houses in the UK :) Did I mention the house has a lift and a four car garage?

Reply to
Matty F

And it's yours, is it?

Reply to
Bruce

Oh no! Some developers are building a "show home" that they hope to sell for NZ$5 million (=$1.8 million pounds).

Reply to
Matty F

There are whole areas of London, many square miles, where very single property is above that value. That's probably why no-one is as impressed as you hoped they would be.

Reply to
Bruce

Out here in the colonies, building a three bedroom home for NZ$5 million amongst mere $1 million houses is foolhardy I think.

Reply to
Matty F