crazed digital camera screen

My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass, the digital screen behind the glass. Can it be replaced ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

OK the very first one on eBay is in the States

but it's usually easy enough to find phone and laptop screens, don't see why cameras should be different. Google and/or YouTube should also find you helpful instructions.

Reply to
newshound

dennis

Magic ! Thanks Dennis !

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

I bought a faulty canon off the bay, lens stuck and used the screen to fix my canon. Two years later I used the flash unit from the donor too.

misterroy

Also Google for Youtube Cannon SD700 LCD replacement - there are some videos for this camera and similar models.

Reply to
alan

Certainly; all depends on the economics of it. It's new enough that Canon will still be supplying spares and the Canon-approved repair centres not charging an arm and one of your legs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

possibly you could find a buggerd one on ebay and buy it for parts. i've done that with a few things like nintendo dswhatevers. there are a few us websites that do 'tear downs' i think they call them. you may find one that'll help you. maybe this will be of some use:

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros