Crap promotion from eBuyer

had an email from eBuyer, trumpeting their "£1 clearance sale" starting at 11am today.

Website is borked.

Why set up and promote an event, when your website can't handle it ? Especially when your ONLY business is - guess what - web based ?

Massive fail.

Reply to
Jethro

Will enjoy reading about it in the press tomorrow. Should be afew It people out of a job by then...

Reply to
Tim..

You didn't miss much. When I finally did get onto the site there were only 13 items in the £1 sale including such must have items as a "Valuable NDSi EVA Bag" with 44p off.

Reply to
Andrew May

I see El Reg have picked up on it ....

Finally got through, and am not impressed true, something reduced from £1.54 to £1 is a "£1" deal, but not quite what I, or indeed the other thousands of people were looking for.

Reminds me of a quip an old lecturer made about ordering a cigarette lighter and a coat hook for a shilling, and getting a red-headed match and bent nail in the post.

Reply to
Jethro

Knowing the furore it would cause when the site crashed under load I think it may well have been deliberate.

'There is no such thing as bad publicity'.

How many people who have never heard of them will know the name tomorrow if they can generate enough free column inches?

Jb

Reply to
Jb

Their promotion may be a joke, but while there I found 2 things I've been after, and I bet that was the idea all along.

NT

Reply to
NT

Well if they won't spend the money they presumably wont get the capacity either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or a precision portrait of the Queen - a stamp.

Reply to
grimly4