Cranked combination spanners

I'm looking for a set of offset spanners in metric sizes. Ring at one end and open at the other, with both ends cranked. This is for use on motor engines, where access is sometimes tricky.

I'm sure that my Dad had a set once, but probably in Whitworth sizes. This design seems to have disappeared from the stockists.

There are plently of cranked spanners with ring at both ends, and flat combination types available, but that's not what I need.

Maybe they vanished along with Imperial sizes...

David

Reply to
David J

Is this what you want?

The Medway Handyman

Double cranked spanners (both ends ring) can actually be a bit of a nuisance in tight places so you might be better off with more conventional combination spanners. A lot of engine (and other car work) needs two spanners of the same size so two sets of spanners are often required. In fact most people doing reasonably serious DIY car maintenance have several sets of spanners of different types - ring, open-ended, combination, socket etc.

Take a browse through the relevant section in:

or visit Halfords for some ideas and good sets.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

degrees ..