cracks in render-repair

My house is rendered and white washed painted. Small hairline cracks have appeared around the window frames- I am not concerned about these, biut wish to fill them. What to use a flexible filled and my DIY sore suggested decorating chalk- is this suitable for external work-so is there something more suitable. Thanks

Reply to
sndevereux

If you are painting consider epoxy mortar.

Decorators caulk (not chalk) leaves a rather obvious smooth surface, and is not entirely waterproof.

And cement based alternative will not adhere well to small cracks.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its OK if you paint over it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes it is, but having used both, the epoxy mortar is a better bet for a 'rough' render match.

You can do a ressonable job to texture caulk with a wet sponge dabbed on.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher