CPC weatherproof socket: any good

Hi,

Following your advice to get a weatherproof socket, I have found this:

the photo, it looks like an MK master seal but is a third of the price. Is this too good to be true? Should I pay the extra and get the MK?

They also sell:

that any good? With Christmas around the corner I will be told to hang LED "icicles" from the porch. Could I fit the transformer inside one of these or do you think that overheating could be a problem? Since the box is watertight it must be airtight too. Should I keep the "wall wart" inside instead?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

> From the photo, it looks like an MK master seal but is a third of the

It looks fine.

Cheaper than

some reason:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

>>> From the photo, it looks like an MK master seal but is a third of the

The same order code except that the cheaper option has 03 tagged on to the end. This usually means there's a special offer on in one of the flyers.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Reply to
Fred