CPC offer leaflets

Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post? Mine stopped coming probably a couple of months ago. I know they stop sending them if you don't order anything from the leaflets, but I do actually order quite a lot from them (or did until they stopped coming).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I'm still getting them, but not as frequently.

They do electronic copies on the website, which pretty well confirms that I'm not actually missing any.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Yes, still coming through here

Reply to
geoff

Yes - they do seem to have cut down on how often they send these leaflets out - perhaps not a bad thing - as it was getting to be a bit _too_ often...

A word of warning to anybody thinking of buying anything heavy from CPC. Regular readers may recall the trouble I had a few weeks back where the clever people in CPC's packing department loose-packed a pillar drill (which was quite heavy!) in one of their standard cardboard boxes, along with a number of smaller items.

By the time the consignment had arrived here in Ireland, the inadequate outer packaging had burst, and half of the bits had fallen out / been snaffled.

CPC responded that they knew they had a problem, and, in future, they were going to route all packages that were heavier than 15kg though their QA department - who would then supervise the packaging...

I did point out that a couple of SLA batteries, plus half a dozen lamp bulbs, would weigh much less than their 15kg limit - but packing this combination in their usual way would ensure that the light bulbs arrived as ground glass - but they didn't want to know...

So - the moral of this story... If buying from CPC - place separate orders for heavy / massy / dense stuff - if you want the other _delicate_ stuff to arrive in one piece....

Clowns !

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Not recently the last one I got was a big "covers everything up to the end of April" fairly think thing rather than the thinner specific product group ones of the past. I currently have no CPC flyers on the shelf.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

(etc.)

I heartily concur...

I ordered a large tub of dishwasher powder, which was packed in the same flimsy carton as some fragile stuff. Needless to say, not all the fragile stuff survived. Actually, the next time it was the tub itself that was damaged.

I've given up getting hard disks from here...tossed loose into a big box with lots of other stuff. They sort it out in the end but it's too much hassle.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Adrian writes

I've been telling them for years, they really don't give a shit

They also went a bit south side of total belief when I reported that the Snooper which I ordered was just an empty box

Reply to
geoff

Ah - it's not just me then

I actually took the trouble to write CPC quite a detailed email which explained 'why' their

IF weight > 15kg THEN get it packed by QA

was wrong on several levels, and wouldn't solve their problem - and the dear girl sent me a single-liner back which said

"Thank you again for you comments. As a business we accept that we will only grow by listening to our customers."

Honestly - what's the point !!??****

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Picture of CPC packing around the hard disk (in transparent container above the cd box) :-

Geo

I've never got them by post, but get emails near every day. 'Daily specials' IIRC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

it leaping around, and just the antistatic bag!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Just got two in the post today (Computer One and Bulk Bargains).

Reply to
Bob Eager

More than ever, it seems. Within the last week, Incredible Bulk Bargains (32 pp), Computer One (68 pp), and May's FOCUS (148 pp).

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Reply to
geoff