CPC free delivery on orders over =?iso-8859-1?b?ozEw?= until Friday

As it says...type WEBFREE into the order comments box.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , Bob Eager writes

Ta, I only need a few odds & ends for now.

Reply to
fred

Delivery seems to be free without any code. However, they sneakily do add a "handling charge".

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I tend to conflate the two - the financial effect is the same!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks for the clarification. I hope you will understand my being uncomfortable about a charge shown on screen, and on the acknowledgement email. I will await developments.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In article , CPC ADMIN writes

How do you fancy posting here every time you have free del/handling charge offer on :-?

It'd probably need to be from a personal account to avoid being viewed as spam but I'd welcome the heads-up.

Reply to
fred

Someone usually does it anyway...I just thought it was my turn!

But nice to see a CPC presence...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Fair play - the package has just arrived, and the invoice is correct.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Please could I echo Chris's comments?

I am confused why the order screen and confirmation email do not show the free delivery. Many other retailers have a field on their order page for customers to type in voucher codes and these are automatically deducted from the final price there and then. That you do not do this suggests to me that a person must manually correct the prices after the orders have been placed. This must waste a lot of staff time and wasted time=wasted money. It would reassure all the customers who panic when the screen does not show the promotion price they were promised.

I recently placed a large order but afterwards thought of a few things I had missed off. I was able to order these because of the promotion. If you had not had the promotion I would have bought them elsewhere. I know it sounds silly but people like me don't like postage charges. I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I reach the £45 threshold. In the meantime I often buy the items from somewhere else.

I used to shop with Screwfix but they increased their free delivery threshold from £40 to £50 IIRC. I found it very easy to find £40 of items with them but struggled to find £50 worth so I stopped shopping with them. Perhaps it was the fact that I had to start paying for something that once was free? Whatever it was, they shot themselves in the foot.

So I do hope you will consider doing more of these promotions or even better revise the handling charges permanently?

Just my 2p

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Stephen :

My thoughts exactly.

My thoughts exactly. I often struggle to find stuff to make the order up to £45 - there are only so many batteries one can use. So the order waits, and often gets fulfilled from other suppliers. It doesn't help that the save/restore basket feature on the CPC web site is so clunky. At Amazon, I just put stuff in my basket, and it stays there - possibly for months - until I remove it or place an order.

My thoughts exactly. If it's worth your while to take £10 orders without a small-order charge this week, why not next week, and the week after?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I had a few things sitting in the basket. ChuNked in a few more things I need for an ongoing project ready to order by the deadline, and would you believe it - comes to £46.87 ...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I had a few - about 20 quids' worth. Saved me waiting (and possibly buying somewhere else).

I have Amazon Prime - great to be able to get 'next day' on anything, no matter how small. I've spent more at Amazon as a result, and it's been a bargain, especially since it applies to any Amazon account in the household.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Maybe CPC could adopt a system where by they look at your recent purchase history and comer up with some simple formula by which they charge delivery or not depending on whether you have spent enough with them on a rolling basis

this would filter out the time wasters

Reply to
geoff