CPC free delivery

CPC doing another free delivery period (until Monday)

said that, I only tried this once before and it didn't work for me (got charged for delivery), but I never got around to doing anything about it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

> Having said that, I only tried this once before and it didn't work

Quite often they still show a delivery charge on the order, its only discounted in the final stages of the order after you have confirmed etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

And in fact ypu don't usually see it until the paper invoice arrives.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And you have to enter "WEBFREE" in the comments box at the latter stage of payment.

Reply to
Alan

i've just gone through it, and saw no discount, so canceled the order, maybe it's cos i only want 6 quids worth of sub miniature micro switches, but they wanted £5.80 for handling,

Have to wait till i want other things i guess, they are cheaper at rapid, but again it's the postage that doubles the cost, tho still not as bad as maplins, who want £1.60 each,

Reply to
Gazz

In article , Gazz writes

It's free delivery for orders over £10 + vat.

Follow the link on the home page to see how it works, they now spell it out clearly.

The only neg is that the handling charge is not shown deducted at checkout but is deducted without confirmation at the account/CC charging stage. This leaves the doubt as to whether it will be honoured but I have done this enough times to know that it will be and CPC's web customer service is such that they will correct any error in the processing quickly and without argument, even if you have put WEBFREE in the wrong box.

Add some consumables to bump the order over a tenner.

Now, if I can just remember what odd bits I was needing but was holding off until the had a free delivery day . . . .

Reply to
fred

te often they still show a delivery charge on the order, its only

Cheapest aersol, think at moment Pro Power foam cleaner, means they deliver it by courier , can`t post an aerosol :-)

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

A tip: if you want to spend less than a tenner, buy something out of stock. They ship your order, they charge you for the bits they shipped, and they seem to forget about the missing part. Or that's what happened to me for the vital part that was on backorder :(

Obviously don't buy the crown jewels, just in case they find some down the back of the sofa.

Anyone feel like testing this out?

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

I've "tested" that procedure several times and the back-ordered goods have always turned up, and they've always been charged for on despatch.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I once had something like that turn up a year later. Really.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm still waiting for some bits (P clips) from much more than a year ago. I suspect I'll never get them as the near identical replacements they now stock are about 5x as much as the items they had on offer in one of their mailings.

Reply to
The Other Mike