CPC deliveries

Over last couple of months, I've seen a notable change in the delivery times for CPC orders. Used to be that ordering up to around 5-6pm, the order was about 95% likely to turn up next working day, without selecting any of the special delivery methods. This has now crept up to around 3 working days (which also means it more likely to hit a weekend and add another 2 days).

Placed an order at 10:30am yesterday and thought I'd better select the "Express Courier - usually next working day" option, and it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Anyone else seeing similar issues? Yes, I could select even more guaranteed delivery options, but then that's impacting the overall value of the goods.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've never had next day deliveries from CPC. It is reliably the day after that. Always been the same.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I think they now use Royal Mail/parcel Force instead of UPS. Certainly things I ordered on line on Saturday are not here yet.

Reply to
charles

I'm with Andrew. I used to also get next-day, even when I hadn't ordered that specifically, but the most recent delivery took two or three days. My orders are always placed mid-afternoon or thereabouts.

Reply to
Davey

I'm not seeing such delays and we live fairly out in the sticks in Suffolk. Two deliveries last week came next day without any special options added.

Reply to
cl

It *could* be that we're approaching the 'christmas rush', I've seen reports that there's a shortage of delivery drivers.

Reply to
cl

Mine came UPS last week, CPC use various carriers.

Reply to
cl

Since starting their free delivery, I had sort of worked out they were using Royal Mail for orders < £40 (unless you have something RM won't carry), and UPS for > £40. I have even used this to get a RM Saturday delivery by keeping a Friday order under £40 (UPS won't deliver on Saturday unless you pay extra). However, I have recently had an order of around £90 IIRC come RM, so this may have changed, although most of my CPC orders are still coming UPS without selecting any special delivery options.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've found that if I reach the 'old' £45 figure for order valuie, it comes UPS and nearly always next day.

I also notice that if I include a lithium cell (e.g. CR2032) that always gets sent UPS!

Reply to
Bob Eager

An aerosol spray also seems to work.

Reply to
Geo

Since they've been offering free delivery at all times, they do appear to be using a slower method. Very small stuff still goes by RM and arrives here after 24 hours. Parcels seem to go by UPS and take 48 hours. My bigger complaint is the UPS driver doesn't ring the bell but simply posts a card - and since there is no re-delivery option I have to go and pick it up. This has happened 4 times this year - so far too often to be a coincidence. My guess is it's far quicker to post a card through the letterbox than wait for the door to be answered and collect a signature.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just to be clear, it's not any of the carriers (UPS always manage next day to me, and RM do also about half the time). Most of this is down to CPC not managing to dispatch on the same day as the order, in the latest case, even when placed in the morning and when speedier delivery has been paid for.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Right. I've certainly had next day delivery on things small enough to go (free) in a Jiffy bag and sent by RM. But I've not tried any of their faster options.

But I'd probably agree they're not as fast as once. Perhaps to get the very best deal on postage they've restricted the number of pickups per day

- which might just have an effect on their faster service too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you complained to them? I have paid for next day from another supplier and not received the service. Quick email has resulted in compensation in the form of a discount code and informed them of a flaw in their process.

Reply to
Richard

Placed two orders over the weekend (one late Sat, other midday Sunday), both for fairly small items. One would have fitted in a jiffy bag, the other possibly not. Both roughly the same price (about £15) I assumed both would be processed on Monday and delivered together.

The Sunday order arrived by letter post (PO "48" imprint) on Wednesday morning, followed by the Saturday order on Wednesday afternoon by UPS. Both were in the same small size box CPC use (and both contents plus more could have fitted in one box) .

Given that their various attempts at building a web site in the past required the use on a Ouija board and burning feathers to find items I can only assume their web designer now works in the packing department.

Reply to
Peter Parry

And also: I recently wanted to order some of their 100% Cotton T-shirts, as advertised in one of their mailed mini-catalogues, but entering the Part No. into the website offered them as 40% cotton, 60% polyester. A 'phone call confirmed the latter. Ooops. No sale.

Reply to
Davey

Their system seems to have no method of combining two orders to the same address. Or updating the original for where you've forgotten something - even soon after.

Perhaps they have an automated packing system that can't cope with jiffy bags?

Your experience is the same as mine - stuff sent by CPC (free) via the PO is quicker than UPS.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If anyone's keeping score, ordered yesterday (10/11) at 17:36; delivered London today (11/11) at 14:25. Order value c.?32

Reply to
Robin