Coving into bay windows

HELP!

I've been trying for dyas to instal some coving above a bay window, but I cannot work out the compound angles required!! Can any one give me some advice?

Thanks

Adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

I've tried to show how I do it here:

trick is to lay the coving on it's ceiling edge while cutting, and to sight along the saw to line up with the marks.

HTH

Reply to
Mike Chrstopher

I have coved my bay window (5 bay) I first made up a holder for my standard hand powered mitre saw (non compound angle type) so that the coving sat in the saw as though it was at the ceiling join. there is then no need to work out compound angles, just the angle from one plane (vertical) I made the holder from a few bits of thin ply and wooden blocks , basically a triangular shape.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"Adam Swire" wrote | HELP! | I've been trying for dyas to instal some coving above a bay window, | but I cannot work out the compound angles required!! Can any one | give me some advice?

Try item number 515174 at

or something similar.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

135 degrees for a 3 sided bay I think, so each piece is cut to 67.5.
Reply to
stuart noble

Thanks for that. Success at last! However, the wall/ceiling angle is much less than 90 degrees and I've noticed that the coving width varies by as much as 7mm!

Good job I'm a dab hand with Polyfilla!

Adam

"stuart noble" >| but I cannot work out the compound angles required!! Can any one

Reply to
Adam Swire