covering radiator pipes

our downstairs has concrete floors so when we had new heating fitted the pipes are quite visible, also the main problem is the feed from downstairs to up which is half way down the hallway right next to the lounge door. its these pipes i want to box in and paper over. what would be the best way to go about this?

Reply to
Paul

Can you move them to a corner?

If so, you can make a box by cutting off the corner. This is much less noticable than a rectangular box in the middle of the wall.

Reply to
Andy Hall

We had ours installed so that they were covered by curtains, the little that shows is emulsioned the same as the walls. Anyway, after a while you don't see them anyway!

Reply to
Broadback

That is, until the curtains rot due to the heat...

Reply to
:Jerry:

had a look tonight and it might be easier to move them than i first thought. as we are decorating the hall anyway then a bit of extra plumbing is worth it, never did like the pipes where they were. one question are the brass type push fit fittings reusable? as that's what's been used. i have soldered joints in the past so its no big deal if they can't.

Reply to
Paul

They probably are, but if you can do it, I would go for soldered fittings as they are much neater.

Reply to
Andy Hall