Covering existing skirting boards

Is there a upvc (or any other) type of skirting board that can just be stuck onto existing skirting boards please?

Reply to
Kathyw

Well no one else has asked ---- why? What's wrong with the existing and why can't it just be removed ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I think most people would recoil at the thought of covering up an existing skirting board with ... of all things ... UPVC.

Reply to
Bruce

Try here.......they might be able to help

RW

snipped-for-privacy@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

I don't get why everybody is being so mean about this one.. sure uPVC isn't the nicest material but thousands of offices have uPVC trunking as skirting and dado rails without problems, it would only take nicer edges to make it acceptable in a house.

Kathy, try this sort of thing:

You will find it's not at all cheap though - taking the old skirting off and replacing it with prepainted MDF or timber skirting isn't a huge job for a local handyman if you can find one.

...or DIY, obviously...

Reply to
PCPaul

Nylon shirts, polyester ties, crimplene trousers, plastic belts, inflatable plastic furniture, melamine crockery ...

... and UPVC skirtings. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Few (if any) special skirting trunking options remain available. Can't remember the details but the dado version is often the only one now available.

Reply to
Rod

I don't know if this will help, but in our last house the ground floor hallway had quarry tiles as skirtings. Horrible, they looked. I covered them with zinc flashing, which I glued and screwed, and very nice they looked too (or so the various people who looked around the house thought when we sold it). All you need are some tinsnips, Gripfil, zinc-plated screws and washers, and a way of scoring the zinc before you fold it.

Reply to
teddysnips