Covering a pink wall - help required.

Hi all,

I'm painting over a pink wall (child's room) with Dulux Pure Brilliant White (Matt) to kill off the strong colour before putting an apple white/white mix on top of it. It was a *very* strong pink.

I've put a couple of layers of paint over it now and generally it's done the job. However on certain patches you can still see shades of pink coming through the white. That's no doubt in part to my lack of experience with the roller.

I appreciate this will be straight forward to many, but I'm not an expert - that's why I'm asking for advice. For the patches that I can see the pink coming through, am I best just going over those patches again in white, or would you go over all the wall again ?

Going over the wall again may seem like overkill, but I'm not sure if there'd be a "difference" as part of the wall would have 3 layers of paint on, while the currently good parts would have only 2 layers on it. I know a layer of paint is (in this case) very thin, but I'm curious as to what is best to do.

I can afford the time to do a 3rd layer, but remember that I will for certain be going over the walls again with a final apple white/white mix on it.

Would my wall look any different ultimately once I'd got the final colouring on.

Thanks, and apologies if this does seem a straight forward question, but I've looked around the net without any joy.

Best regards, Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I would go over the whole wall again, but look for specific "high opacity" paint.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I.e. anything from Farrow and Ball.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I did exactly the same job last year for a customer on a local industrial estate. A complete office painted in bright pink!

Same problem, looked OK when wet, showed patches when dry.

We struggled to cover it, final solution was to use Dulux 'Once' after three coats of normal emulsion. That sorted it. I won't use any other paint now.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

are you using a top coat? arent undercoats and primers made to cover blemishes, so shouldnt be using one of them to hide the pink?

Reply to
George

Wasn't aware you could get undercoat/primer for emulsion paint?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Killing strong colours has always been pain. Now I use white oil based undercoat, it covers in one.

Reply to
Rednadnerb