Couriers... again.

myHerpes are the new Gas Board: they wait patiently for the ten minutes whe n you're out of the house and then? "Sorry, we missed you."

Last time they left the delivery in the landfill wheelie bin (which fortuna tely was emptied minutes before they arrived rather than after) so the oute r packaging just had a nose-curling whiff to it.

This time, they managed to hoik it over a locked five-foot gate and, miracu lously, it survived undamaged.

But can anyone decipher what this card says? "By the *WHAT* bin in the loc ked driveway?"

mike

Last time they left the delivery in the landfill wheelie bin (which fortunately was emptied minutes before they arrived rather than after) so the outer packaging just had a nose-curling whiff to it.

This time, they managed to hoik it over a locked five-foot gate and, miraculously, it survived undamaged.

But can anyone decipher what this card says? "By the *WHAT* bin in the locked driveway?"

harryagain

We are the Klingons, you are now going to die?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Going by the other letters it looks like "Larked" or "Darked" to me, darker perhaps?(!). But be fair, he was probably writing it out while driving to your house :)

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Last time they left the delivery in the landfill wheelie bin (which fortunately was emptied minutes before they arrived rather than after) so the outer packaging just had a nose-curling whiff to it.

This time, they managed to hoik it over a locked five-foot gate and, miraculously, it survived undamaged.

But can anyone decipher what this card says? "By the *WHAT* bin in the locked driveway?"

-----

Looks like 'darked' to me, too. How about 'dark red'? Without the second 'r'? Do you have a dark red bin? Probly not.

Reply to
Ivan Dobsky

Last time they left the delivery in the landfill wheelie bin (which fortunately was emptied minutes before they arrived rather than after) so the outer packaging just had a nose-curling whiff to it.

This time, they managed to hoik it over a locked five-foot gate and, miraculously, it survived undamaged.

But can anyone decipher what this card says? "By the *WHAT* bin in the locked driveway?"

-----

OTOH, I had a really good experience with DPD this morning. They sent me an email with a one-hour slot for delivery (8:17 to 9:17), and my parcel (Grundfos Nile pump) arrived about 8:30. Well impressed.

Reply to
Ivan Dobsky

In message , at

10:28:28 on Mon, 10 Jun 2013, Ivan Dobsky remarked:

I had some flooring delivered last week, and they helpfully contacted me with an estimated delivery time (as the online seller had promised)

"between 7.30am and 6pm". So that's alright then.

[It got here mid afternoon]
Reply to
Roland Perry

Some of our recent bad experiences have been with the dispatching company rather than the carrier. E.g. Virgin want to send us a new modem, and offered choice of days, we chose today (Monday), confirmation email says tomorrow (Tuesday). Why let us choose and then ignore? And they wanted £10 extra for a.m. or p.m. slot (free delivery otherwise).

Reply to
polygonum

My experience too. They are currently my favorite delivery company.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1, except for the time he arrived 5 minutes before the start of the 1 hour slot and we had to wait, because the machine wouldn't let me sign for it until the start time was reached. Technology is a wonderful thing.
Reply to
Nick

Interlink seem to be using the same software. Because their depot is nearby, I assumed the 'front' of the slot and waited by the door at work for them to deliver (the caretaker isn't always there and then I have to play 'find the parcel'). Both times this week they appeared within 2 mins of the start of the slot and were overjoyed at the quick turnround.

Reply to
Bob Eager

lol, that's so annoying. I had the same, the company promised that the driver would call first thing with a rough time estimate, which he didn't. He phoned at about 4pm from his previous delivery one street away to tell me I was the next on his list.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

DPD and Interlink are the same company. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

driveway?"

'Jerked'. Obviously he wanked over it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Or cut it into strips, and dried it in the sun?

Reply to
Ivan Dobsky

Ouch!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'Same company' in some sense (ownership perhaps) but different uniforms, and different depots.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Possibly but who locks their bin? :-) This isn't Liverpool.

Again possible. We have a Polish and a Nigerian courier around here. I'll have to study his forehead more closely next time for those tell-tale cornish pasty ridges.

perhaps?(!). But be fair, he was probably writing it out while driving to your house :)

Yeah, he may have just invented a word to annoy me... in which case I offer him my most enthusiastic contrafribularities.

'r'? Do you have a dark red bin? Probly not.

'Fraid not, although 50 miles away, the local council have introduced "burgundy" bins.

Frankly, if he managed to do that over a five foot gate and cover an extra yard to the bin, I think he's wasted as a courier.

Reply to
mike

Had similar from Amazon, except that the delivery was made the day /before/

- I missed it, of course. Richer Sounds managed to let me know the day by sending an e-mail on the day after the delivery. Today, unlocking next door's back gate (~6' 6" high) to get the mower through, there was a largish parcel between the 2 gates. I looked inside the front door and there was a card saying that the parcel was over the gate. Fortunately the contents were undamaged.

Reply to
PeterC