"Council" Tip policy?

Not now days, you have to pay the recycling firm to collect, they don't buy it off you any more (and has not done so for some time).

Reply to
Jerry.

In message , Gary Cavie wrote

The people they turn away just 'fly tip'.

I've seen on more than one occasion piles of rubbish left in the street

100 yards away from the local tip. If someone had gone to the trouble to drive to that location the would have had to drive past the tip as its on a one way street.
Reply to
Alan

I banged my head on the barrier carrying the rubbish under the barrier, today. Do you think I should sue the council for infringement of my human rights, or get the health and safety executive to take themto court?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Gooid grief! Everyine lknows that the correct way to dispose of waste oil is to pour it on the combined asbestos waste and used car tyres you have heaped in the back of the stolen pickup shortly before setting fire to it 200 meters from the nearest gathering of travellers...whatever posessed you to take it to the tip?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, I tokk mine, was refused entry, and banged my head on teh barrier. That puts it at abouit 5'6" above ground. MOST carparks have 2.2m - comnfortably over 6 foot as the height limit.

They are designed so the governemnt set targets of waste reduction can be met. If yiuy bury your toxic waste in teh neighbous pind, set fire to a lorry load of car tyres on Ilkely moor, no one gets to put it 'through the books'

Yes, but not wihout changing EU laws and several governments.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mmm. I think I will do that next time. Go in at 2am and just offload the stuff in front of the gates....and let the surly jobsworths sort it out themselves.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Green fields until about 1950, then construction of the post war new town was started. We lived in Coronation Rd, which was on the old road between Cwmbran and Pontnewydd. All gone now, under the town centre.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Probably !.... :~((

Reply to
Jerry.

themto court?

Reply to
Peter Coddington

Exactly, start taking care of your own safety rather than rely on others and compensation payments...

Reply to
Jerry.

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote | I banged my head on the barrier carrying the rubbish under the | barrier, today. Do you think I should sue the council for | infringement of my human rights, or get the health and safety | executive to take themto court?

Yes :-)

I think you should also claim that your height is a disability and they are not providing you with an accessible service under the Disability Discrimination Act.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My tip had a problem with scavengers.

If you take from the tip its theft. If you stand outside and collect it from passing cars its fine, unless you haress people.

The tip workers seem to be able to take stuff if they want, so maybe it upto how the indivdual worker feels.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

passing cars its fine, unless you haress people.

how the indivdual worker feels.

Depends on who's running the tip, and it isn't theft as long as the original depositer has not let go of it when they say you can have it and hands it directly to you, if it has be unhanded then its the property of the site operator, and as most like recycling, esp the bin jumpers who need the money as their basic pay is poor, then often a small consideration will buy it from them. My local tips have large piles of recycleable items, and compost from the local council operation. Bin (skip) diving however is considered theft as ownership is considered to have passed to the skip company, though its debateable as the transfer notice hasn't been signed at that point usually. I've done it, and its been very useful, but you never know whats in the bin that may do harm, mine at work is full of glass shards and no-one ever trys as far as I know.....

Niel.

Reply to
sue.fagan

Gary, just remember one thing on your journey through life in this Britain of ours: It is staffed by a nation of jobsworths. They are everywhere, like flies in summer. Nothing can be done, I'm afraid. The whole country is afflicted. Bring back Esther Rantzen and her cap award, I say!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Now you are talking sense.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Esther Rantzen. The bigeest jobswoth of them all really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why is it a problem ?

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Not knowing much about the inner workings of other countries, is this a peculiarly British way, or does every other country have the same breed of people?

They do seem to be breeding out of control in GB at present - maybe an organised cull is the way forward. Or even a replacement for foxhunting - we could all get on horses, with ravenous hounds, and spend Sundays going round the council tips - hell, any council facility, and running them all to ground! I see My Little Tony has some sort of consultation thing going at the moment, maybe I should suggest it ;-)

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Southamptons trying the same methods to pi%% drivers off and reduce traffic as a result, they even monitor the traffic flows on CCTV and change the timings of key traffic lights if its flowing too freely FWIT!

Niel.

Reply to
njf

In message , Gary Cavie wrote

A cull would reduce everyone's council tax bill. To keep next years charges the same as this years charges a 15 percent reduction would be a good start. To reduce the charges to a tenth of the present level a cull of the workers engaged on needless roadside curb replacement and road calming measures would be more beneficial.

Reply to
Alan