Costco NewAge VersaRac Ceiling Storage Rack

I have just been sent details of this from Costco. I was hoping somebody here might have one. It look useful but to be honest I don't believe the dimensions.

Specification 14 gauge steel constructionPowder coated grey finish Silver coloured wire grids Height adjustable from 68.5 cm to 114.3 cm Width adjustable from 182.8 cm to 243.8 cm Capacity: 128 cubic feet Weight Capacity: 272.7 kg of distributed weight Dimensions: H 114.3 x W 243.8 x D 121.9 cm NB The bolts provided are not suitable for concrete ceilings - See more at:

If you look at the picture there is no way that it is 4 feet wide of or even on the minimum setting 2 feet 3 inches high, unless they are very big tyres or boxes. I have double checked my conversions but something doesn't look right which was why I was wondering if anybody has one.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

The description is incorrect. I believe should be height 121.9, platform adjustable, etc. I have seen these installed, they work, but need very good fixings into the ceiling beams. They put point loads of about up to 100Kg on a fixing if the loading is not symmetrical on the platform. If your ceilings are high enough and the ceiling beams are big enough then they are useful.

Reply to
Capitol

Do the installation instructions help?

Product descriptions on other sites do give 4' x 8' as the size.

Two things strike me: Wrong units or a mix of units between cm and mm. And the use of height, width and depth is ambigious. To me it looks

8' wide no problem but not so sure about the 4' deep.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The description is incorrect. I believe should be height 121.9, platform adjustable, etc. I have seen these installed, they work, but need very good fixings into the ceiling beams. They put point loads of about up to 100Kg on a fixing if the loading is not symmetrical on the platform. If your ceilings are high enough and the ceiling beams are big enough then they are useful.

The loading was the other thing that caused me concern 272 kg is over a quarter of a ton hanging from the ceiling joists, I assume 2 carriage screws for each leg judging by the picture, 34 kg per bolt. May be its ok if as they say evenly distributed.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin