Cost of re-tiling roof

Hi.
Had a small leak around the chimney flashing recently so I was up on the roof today patching it.
While up there and looking around I noticed a lot of tiles were getting thin and cracking. Tiles have large aggregate in them, not sure if clay or concrete. (original interlocking tiles, house built 1936).
Would anyone have a ballpark cost for re-roofing the house (new sarking, battens, tiles, ridge tiles, flashing and soffits)
I will be getting quotes soon but I would like to get a rough idea of cost.
House is two bedroom semi-detached with hip-end roof in North Birmingham, West Midlands.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Furthermore any recommendations for roofers in the Birmingham area would be welcomed.
FrankG
My 3 Bed Semi was re-roofed last year at a cost of 4,000

In 1999 I had my two 3 bed hip-roofed semis done together, outskirts of Bristol. I got 3 quotes, one picked from ads came in at 9000, one from man who did a neighbours house at 4500, and the last one from a chap hiding his income from his estranged wife, 2800 cash. These prices were for both houses, not each. I went for the 2800. It was scaffolded, stripped, felted, new flashing, new ridge tiles, new timbers all round under new fascias, soffits & guttering. Ideally it would have benefited from new tiles as the 1930's ones were thinning but I opted to re-use them and only paid extra for second hand replacements for broken ones, another 80. Well satisfied with job, only complaint was a couple of tears in the felt where toes of boots stuck in while refitting tiles. Mike