Cost of our wind farms

umm think that may be too far - with too many nuclear power stations (like too many solar installations) the the subsidy would be uneconomic, gov woud have to reduce the pay out and get taken to court by the greenies ... ah deja vu

Reply to
Ghostrecon

In message , Tim Streater writes

What was the URL for TNPs power monitor?

CCleaner seems to have removed it

Reply to
geoff

Ghostrecon

Reply to
geoff

The Natural Philosopher

and wind has struggled up to 0.5GW.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No wind anywhere (except west of ireland and scotland) over the whole of Europe..

together now: "The wind is always blowing somewhere, in Europe"..

LIE.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, you say yourself it's blowing "west of ireland and scotland" just beacuse there isn't a wind farm there is irelevant for the greenwash.

I did notice that we didn't half lean on the pumped for the 1800 peak in demand today, roughly 2.5GW.

Few days ago there was nearly a gigawatt of oil and a tad of OCGT. Presumably running up to make sure they work should it get cold.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So, where's that 0.5GW coming from ?

Reply to
geoff

Good idea. Bring it on ! There's a lovely empty valley just down the hill from me. Loads of bloody great lakes left behind from the gravel extraction that has taken place there, and a convenient river running along the bottom. The same river, in fact, that cooled the fossil fueled power plant a few miles upstream, before it was decommissioned.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Just as another little aside, has anyone else been plagued by the armies of salesmen for PV that the companies have now sent out on the road ? They keep coming mob-handed to my street, and I get one a week knocking on the door.

Last week KNOCK-KNOCK ! Yes ? Don't worry sir, I'm not trying to sell you anything ! Then why are you wasting your time knocking on my door ? (Non-plussed look from sales-herbert) Ermm ... I'm your local advisor on solar power gener.. STOP ! I'm not interested. Oh. Why is that sir ? weeeelll, because a) it doesn't work, b) it doesn't work, c) it doesn't work and d) er, er er oh yes ! It doesn't work ...

He was still protesting his case as I shut the door. I do enjoy winding these people up :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

...and d) IT DOES WORK!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

was there? missed that due to dog wandering off and not coming back till

4 am when we sent the retriever out to retrieve him..

Spent the day asleep

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

mostly from the west coast of Scotland and possible a few megs from Cornwall where the edge of the high breaks down

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher