Cost of floor tiling

Hi all

I'm in the position of having two utility room/shower room floors tiled in slate by a tiler who is providing his labour in lieu of paying off a debt to me. How much would you expect to be paying for labour only on a job totalling 21.5 square metres. Solid floor is level, and prepped ready to go. There are going to be about 10% tiles that will have angled or curved cuts due to the design of the rooms. I will be buying all materials myself. Greater Manchester. Tiler has suggested he would normally charge 20.00 a metre. I've seen his work and its excellent.

TIA

Neil

Reply to
Neil

This is in the right range.

Working with slate floor tiles is hard work, especially if they are large format.

In order to cover yourself, I would suggest that you ask him to specify what the adhesives, grouts and sealants should be. I would expect the use of Ardex or BAL products for adhesive and grout and Lithofin for sealers.

Other than that, if you are happy with the arrangement and that a good job will be done, then it should be a good arrangement.

You might want to have him agree something in writing in terms of what he will do, as though he is doing it on normal payment terms.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sounds fair to me.

Reply to