Corrosion and water softeners

Greetings

I've had an ion exchange water softener for about six months and have noticed that a dripping tap (on a soon to be replaced bath) has left a blue/green streak on the enamel.

Actually it's a vary old bath and doesn't have much anamel left so it's probably more accurate to say "on the surface where the enamel used to be."

The question is, does the softened water have any corroding efect on copper?

Other (possibly) related questions:-

What is the purpose of DZR fittings?

What do I need to do to avoid galvanic corrosion when fitting a new stainless steel cylinder to the rest of the system?

many thanks

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Mine doesn't and I've had a softener for 15 years. Having said that obviously softwater will dissolve anything better than hard water, but there shlouldn't be anything corrosive in the softened water

Reply to
BillV