Correct Concrete Mix needed

Hi,

I am laying about 3 square meters of concrete to a depth of 4-5 inches to extend my concrete patio. In total i need about 1 m cubed of concrete

The current patio seems to contain a very large gravel mix with stones of 20-30mm.

Does anyone know what mix i should use? Ive ssen guides advice 1:2:4 and also 1:3:6?

Also can I use large gravel instead of smaller gravel aggregate?

Thanks

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Probably delivered as ready mixed...

A strongish mix would be 4 gravel, 2 sharp sand, 1 cement.

You can. or you may be able to get "all in one ballast" locally that does for both sand and gravel.

You can find all the information you need here:

John Rumm

Wouldn't 1m^3 be 3 square metres to about a foot depth?

I've seen gravel in different grades so you might have to shop around. Wickes do the larger gravel in bulk bags but only pea shingle in the small bags.

Reply to
adder1969

I think perhaps what the OP meant was 3 metres squared. That would give a depth of 1000/(3x3) = 110mm or 4-5 inches as stated.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Ahhh, I guess he should check though before he orders!

Reply to
adder1969