correct brads

I am wondering if my arrow nailmaster 2 does not work properly ( the brad do no go completely into wood sticking out 1/8 inch) because I am using compatible brads and not arrow ones. As anyone else had the same problem with compatible brads? The ones I used are recommended by screwfix. Thanks Neil

Reply to
Neil

don't they have a depth adjuster on these ?

Reply to
Funfly3

these ?

Not on mine, unless I am missing something. I cant see anyway to adjust the gun, and there is nothing in the instructions. Neil

Reply to
Neil

Could this problem be caused by recoil? Try pressing down with full weight on the gun with one hand and firing with the other. This is the only way I get my arrow gun to drive nails flush.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I have tried that Bob and it marks the wood (indent). I guess I am going to have to live with the slight indent. I have 4 walls off panelling to put up and dont fancy finishing each brad with a punch. I will practice a bit more first to see if I can reduce the indent and still get the brad below the surface. Thanks Neil

Reply to
Neil

Whatever, you are still going to have to fill the indent, don't matter if the nailer or the punch caused it.

Try lubricating the firing mechanism. Air brad nailers don't work without lubrication.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Thanks Dave, but its an electric one unfortunately, and they say do not lubricate. Neil

Reply to
Neil